Spain – Super Cup Final
Date: Sunday, 12 January 2019
Kick-off at 18:00 UK/ 19:00 CET
Venue: King Abdullah Sports City (Jeddah).
Real Madrid vs Atletico Madrid Head-to-head (h2h)
- Last 6 competitive meetings (90 mins only): 1 Real Madrid Win, 5 Draws.
- The sides drew 0-0 at the Wanda Metropolitano in La Liga earlier this season.
- The last cup meeting was Atleti’s victory in the 2018 UEFA Super Cup which came via a 4-2 margin after Extra Time.
- Real Madrid twice won Champions League Finals against Atleti in the 2010’s.
- 6 of the last 9 meetings have been level after 90 minutes.
Real Madrid vs Atletico Madrid Match Preview
Real Madrid are slowly clawing their way back to the top of football hierarchy. And it’s happening at the best possible time for them, considering the struggles Barcelona are going through right now.
A title in this scenario would be the apt way to pile on Barca’s misery. Moreover, it will also be the perfect push required for Zinedine Zidane’s men to go after another Champions League medal.
But Atleti will surely conjure up some road block. They too are on the rise, after an uninspiring start to their season. At one point, they were not even in the hunt for a top-four spot in the La Liga, but now they are just five points off the top-most position.
A Super Cup triumph after beating Barcelona in the semis, and Real in the final would be nothing short of a fairy tale for their loyal fans.
Real Madrid vs Atletico Madrid Predicted Line Ups
Real Madrid Team:
Courtois – Mendy, Ramos, Varane, Carvajal – Kroos, Casemiro, Valverde – Isco, Modric – Jovic (4-3-2-1)
Oblak – Lodi, Felipe, Savic, Trippier – Saul, Thomas, Herrera, Correa – Felix, Morata (4-4-2)