A 4-0 defeat at Manchester City was not how Liverpool wanted to celebrate winning the Premier League, but they have a chance to bounce back when they host Aston Villa on Sunday.
Jurgen Klopp’s men showed little resolve as they were swept aside by last season’s champions in midweek, and a much-improved performance will be required against struggling Villa.
Liverpool vs Aston Villa: Head-to-head (h2h)
- Smith’s men had recorded a 5-0 win in the EFL Cup, the last time these two had locked horns.
- However, it was practically the B team of the Reds, as the main team were busy with the Club World Cup then.
- 18 of the previous 24 wins had gone to Klopp’s men.
- The biggest win in the past three decades, actually belongs to the new champions – a 0-6 win on the road.
- 13 of the former 18 wins at this venue had gone to the guests.
- In the last twenty years, the guests had won just four times at this ground.
Previous Matches Result
Liverpool Premier League result: W-L-W-D-W-L
Liverpool result(in all competitions): L-W-L-D-W-L
Aston Villa Premier League result: L-L-D-L-D-L
Aston Villa result(in all competitions): L-L-D-L-D-L
Liverpool vs Aston Villa Expcted Lineup
Liverpool: Alisson, Alexander-Arnold, Lovren; Van Dijk; Robertson; Lallana, Henderson; Wijnaldum; Mane, Salah; Firmino.
Subs: Adrian, Fabinho; Milner, Keita; Gomez, Oxlade-Chamberlain; Origi.
Aston Villa possible starting lineup:
Nyland; Konsa; Hause; Mings, Taylor; McGinn, Luiz; Hourihane; El Ghazi; Davis, Grealish