The Octagon returns to Nevada for tonight’s UFC Vegas 12 event, an 11-bout fight card headlined by Uriah Hall vs. Anderson Silva.
The former middleweight kingpin, Silva (34-10 MMA), will be returning to action for the first time since UFC 237 in May of 2019, where he suffered a TKO loss to Jared Cannonier. ‘The Spider’ has gone just 1-4 over his past five Octagon appearances ahead of tonight’s event. His lone victory in that time came by decision against Derek Brunson.
Meanwhile, Uriah Hall (15-9 MMA) will enter tonight’s UFC Vegas 12 main event with Anderson Silva on a two-fight win streak. In his most previous effort in September of 2019, ‘Primetime‘ had scored a split-decision victory over Antonio Carlos Junior.
Tonight’s co-headliner features a key featherweight battle between perennial division contenders Andre Fili and Bryce Mitchell.
Fili (21-7 MMA) will enter UFC Vegas 12 looking to build on the momentum of his recent split-decision victory over Charles Jourdain. ‘Touchy‘ has gone 3-1 over his past four Octagon appearances, with his lone loss in that time coming to Sodiq Yusuff by decision.
Meanwhile, Bryce Mitchell (13-0 MMA) will be looking to keep his perfect record intact when he squares off with Fili this evening. ‘Thug Nasty’ was most recently seen in action at UFC 249, where he scored a unanimous decision victory over Charles Rosa.
Also featured on tonight’s UFC Vegas 12 main card is a heavyweight contest between Maurice Greene and Greg Hardy.
Greene (9-4 MMA) recently snapped a two-fight losing skid by scoring a submission win over Gian Villante back in June. ‘The Crochet Boss‘ has gone 4-2 under the UFC banner thus far in his career, which includes a TKO victory over Junior Albini.
As for Greg Hardy (6-2 MMA), the former NFL star is coming off a win over Yorgan de Castro in his most recent Octagon appearance at UFC 249. Prior to that, ‘The Prince of War’ had suffered a unanimous decision setback to perennial division contender Alexander Volkov.
UFC Vegas 12: Full Fight Card
The fight sheet initially contained a total of 12 fights, but at the weigh-ins, a preliminary Flyweight bout between Cortney Casey and Priscila Cachoeira got cancelled due to Cachoeira having weight management issues. Moreover, a welterweight prospect Cole Williams came out 4.5 pounds over the defined mark, and a middleweight contender Jack Marshman also faced a discrepancy of the same kind. As a result, Both will now forfeit a significant portion of their fight purse in favour of their opponents– Jason Witt and John Strikland.
- Middleweight Fight (Main Event): Uriah Hall (16-9) Vs. Anderson Silva (34-10)
- Featherweight Fight (Co-main): Bryce Mitchell (13-1) Vs. Andre Fili (21-7)
- Heavyweight Fight: Maurice Greene (9-5) Vs. Greg Hardy (6-2)
- Middleweight Fight: Kevin Holland (19-5) Vs. Charlie Ontiveros (11-6)
- Lightweight Fight: Bobby Green (27-10) Vs. Thiago Moises (13-4)
- Lightweight Fight: Chris Gruetzemacher (14-3) Vs. Alexander Hernandez (11-3)
- Bantamweight Fight: Adrian Yanez (11-3) Vs. Victor Rodriguez (7-2)
- Middleweight Fight: Sean Strickland (20-3) Vs. Jack Marshman (23-9)
- Welterweight Fight: Cole Williams (11-2) Vs. Jason Witt (17-6)
- Light Heavyweight Fight: Dustin Jacoby (12-5) Vs. Justin Ledet (9-3)
- Bantamweight Fight: Miles Johns (10-1) Vs. Kevin Natividad (9-1)