Terence Crawford vs Kell Brook
Date: Saturday, Nov. 14 | Start Time: 7:00 pm ET (Prelims) / 10:00 pm ET (Main Card)
Location: Top Rank Bubble, Las Vegas, NV
TV: ESPN | : ESPN+ (Prelims)
The last time former IBF welterweight champion Kell Brook fought, he didn’t require any crutches to walk or had yet to find himself eligible to collect social security. Yet the rhetoric constantly attached to his name entering Saturday’s return against unbeaten WBO champion Terence Crawford is that Brook will show up to Las Vegas in name only.
Despite riding a three-fight win streak, Brook (39-2, 27 KOs) could only laugh last week during an interview on “Morning Kombat” when presented yet again with questions about whether his fighting prime at age 34 had all but expired.
“It makes me smile,” Brook said. “It makes me smile because I’m beating all of these 24-year-old boys on the track with the heart I have got pushing them. You are going to see how much I have left and, trust me, I have got plenty left. I am ready to rock and roll.”
Brook’s lone career defeats have come against unified 147-pound champion Errol Spence Jr. and middleweight destroyer Gennadiy Golovkin, the latter of which saw Brook move up two divisions. Both fights were super competitive until Brook succumbed each time to a broken orbital bone and was forced to retire due to injury.
None of that, however, has stopped oddsmakers from making Crawford (36-0, 27 KOs), in discussion among the pound-for-pound best in the sport, an overwhelming favorite as high as -1600. Brook, who is just 16 months older, is a +900 underdog.
From Brook’s perspective, he enjoys being overlooked for once and believes it will be to his advantage should Crawford believe the native of England’s best days are behind him.
Terence Crawford vs Kell Brook Card
Prelims (ESPN+, 7:00 pm ET)
- Joshua Greer Jr (22-2-1, 12 KO) vs Edwin Rodriguez (11-5-1, 5 KO), bantamweights, 8 rounds
- Tyler Howard (18-0, 11 KO) vs KeAndrae Leatherwood (22-7-1, 13 KO), middleweights, 8 rounds
- Duke Ragan (2-0, 1 KO) vs Sebastian Gutierrez (1-0, 1 KO), featherweights, 4 rounds
- Vegas Larfield (1-0, 1 KO) vs Juan Alberto Flores (2-0-1, 0 KO), banatmweights, 4 rounds
- Raymond Muratalla (10-0, 8 KO) vs Luis Porozo (15-4, 8 KO), lightweights, 6 rounds
Main Card (ESPN, 10:00 pm ET)
- Terence Crawford (36-0, 27 KO) vs Kell Brook (39-2, 27 KO), welterweights, 12 rounds, for Crawford’s WBA title
- Joshua Franco (17-1-2, 8 KO) vs Andrew Moloney (21-1, 14 KO), junior bantamweights, 12 rounds
Terence Crawford vs Kell Brook Odds
Crawford by KO/TKO: 4/9
Crawford by points: 5/2
Brook by KO/TKO: 14/1
Brook by points: 14/1