Event : vasiliy lomachenko vs. richard commey
Date: 11 December 2021
Time: 9 p.m. ET
Venue: Madison Square Garden
Location: New York, US
Vasiliy Lomachenko is back in shape and ready to fight for the lightweight title, but he’ll need a convincing win over Richard Commey on Saturday (ESPN/ESPN+, 5:30 p.m. ET). Then he’ll have to hope that George Kambosos Jr., the champion, agrees to fight him.
For the time being, all Lomachenko (15-2, 11 KOs), 33, of Ukraine, can do is show off his abilities and beat Commey in the main event of a Top Rank Boxing bill at Madison Square Garden in New York.
At MSG on Thursday, Lomachenko said, “I’m really happy because this is the next stage in my boxing career.”
Commey (30-3, 27 KOs), a lightweight champion from Ghana, was dethroned by Teofimo Lopez in 2019. Commey was on the verge of another championship chance after a TKO victory against Jackson Marinez in February.
“Losing is a part of boxing,” Commey explained, “therefore it’s all about coming back no matter how you lose.” “So, whatever happened in the Teofimo Lopez fight, it occurred, and I accepted it as a man. I knew I needed to return, and I did it with a vengeance, which is why Loma selected me, and we’ll see what happens on Saturday.”
Also on the card, heavyweight power puncher Jared Anderson (10-0, 10 KOs), 22, of Toledo, Ohio, will look to keep his KO streak alive in an eight-round bout against Oleksandr Teslenko (17-1, 13 KOs), 29, of Ukraine; and middleweight Nico Ali Walsh (2-0, 2 KOs), 21, of Chicago — Muhammad Ali’s grandson — will make his third appearance inside the ring in a four-round bout against Reyes Sanchez (6-0, 2
Full Card for Vasiliy Lomachenko vs. Richard Commey
- Main event: Vasiliy Lomachenko vs. Richard Commey, 12 rounds, lightweight
- Jared Anderson vs. Oleksandr Teslenko, 8 rounds, heavyweight
- Xander Zayas vs. Alessio Mastronunzio, 6 rounds, junior middleweight
- Nico Ali Walsh vs. Reyes Sanchez, 4 rounds, middleweight
- Keyshawn Davis vs. Jose Zaragoza, 6 rounds, lightweight
- Pablo Valdez vs. Julio Cesar Sanchez, 6 rounds, welterweight
- Kelvin Davis vs. Ryan Schwartzberg, 4 rounds, welterweight
- John Bauza vs. Michael Williams Jr., 8 rounds, junior welterweight
- James Wilkins vs. Juan Tapia, 8 rounds, featherweight
- Joseph Ward vs. Britton Norwood, 6 rounds, light heavyweight
vasiliy lomachenko vs. richard commey fight Prediction :
Regardless of how aggressive and deadly Commey is, his straight-ahead approach is ideal for the sort of wizardry and footwork that Lomachenko employs. Lomachenko’s signature quickness and response time will eventually decline, but we don’t appear to be there yet.
Yes, Lomacheko got off to a slow start in his championship loss to Lopez, but he came on strong in the second half and looked like the same elite skill when he beat Masayoshi Nakatani in June. After carefully navigating the early storm, expect Lomachenko to utilize Commey’s aggression against him and take him apart.